If it’s good enough for the Avengers, it’s good enough for you!
Try out this Middle Eastern dish full of protein, low in saturated fats and quite tasty!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
3. To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove), stirring with a whisk.
4. Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.5. Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.
(Recipe from www.myrecipes.com)
This has many varieties of herbs and spices which help the body in numerous ways as well as adding flavour and taste to the dish. For a lower sodium option, leave out the salt in the sauce. Tahini is a seed based paste that is found in humous, it is available in some supermarkets and almost every health shop. You can also add in courgette, green bean or switch the chicken for lamb.